The Family Man

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Routine Broken Pt. 2

What was all that crap I just wrote about breaking my routine??? Well it happened again. This morning I woke up with some real soreness in my back from 2.5 hours of yard work at my mom's. Even though I have been working out for 3 weeks now, I'm just not used to that kind of manual labor anymore. Yoga was exactly what I needed today, but I was just too sore to do it in the morning. I thought about skipping it all together but I got some great advice from my big brother (he has the heart of a champion). He said "no matter what, just get it in sometime today". Well it was tough fighting the urge to forget about it today, but I finally got it in from 8:00-9:30 pm. Just finished up and I'll tell you one thing...Yoga is exaclty what my back needed today. I may have dripped sweat all over the rug (sorry babe), but it felt good. Some of the advanced moves are still out of my league, but I'm going to continue to give it my best shot and hope for improvements each week.

Food was suprisingly good over the weekend! We had 3 separate BBQs and I feel pretty good about how I ate at each one. I wasn't perfect of course, but I still got to enjoy some of my favorites (carne asada and ribs), while avoiding the things that normally do me in (liquor and chips/dips). I even enjoyed a small piece of chocolate birthday cake! Sticking with the same kind of stuff: lots of fresh fruits, salads for lunch, and yummy low fat dinners. It seems to be working so far! My work pants and belt now have trouble staying up...which is both a blessing and a curse. Its hard to buy new clothes for myself with a new baby coming in just 6 weeks, but my birthday is right around the corner so I'm going to have to spoil myself and get a few new items for my wardrobe. Thanks again for all the support and well wishes! Until next time...DO YOUR BEST AND FORGET THE REST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment