The Family Man

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Xs on my clothes have got to go!!

Hey Everyone! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog. I created this blog to document my weight loss adventure. I refer to it as an adventure because I have started down this up and down path many times, only to be deterred by my own lack of focus and desire. Many of you know that I used to be a personal trainer, and a very good one at that, so its even more embarassing that I have allowed my own (un)fitness level to get drop as low as I have. I am tired of seeing the number of Xs on my clothes increasing. In fact...I'm ready to be rid of that stupid letter for good!!

We all need someone/something to help us along the way. As far as inspiration goes, I need not look any further then my own family. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful family that lovcs me just the way I am, but I know I can be a better father, husband, brother, son and uncle if I can get all this jiggly fat off my body. Years ago, my mom and sister both asked for my help in losing their weight, and I am so proud of both of them in the incredible amounts of weight they have each lost. I have been fortunate enough to see the results first hand, as they have both done such a great job sticking with it. They now serve as a HUGE inspiration for me, as I attempt to do the same.

Enter the blog. I used to preach ACCOUNTABILITY as a huge tool for my clients in their weight loss. We all need friends and family around us to keep us focused, and keep us from making porr choices that may hinder our progress. I am hoping that my friends who read this blog will be able to provide that support that I need to keep working hard. If you are looking for motivation, I hope my words can serve as a helpful bit of reading for you as you take your own path to health and wellness. P90x is my workout of choice, looking forward to challenging myself and seeing those Xs disappear. Thanks again...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment