The Family Man

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Day That Almost Wasnt...

Ever had one of those days when you feel like doing ABSOLUTELY nothing? Today was definately one of those day. The morning started out a little different, I decided to sleep in again. I think that was my first mistake. I'm learning that breaking my routine makes it hard for me to stay motivated throughout the day. When I workout first thing in the morning, It gets the day off to a great start and I feel like I can take on anything the day may hand me. On days like today, I just kept putting my workout off and saying "I'll do it later". Well as we all know, things get in the way and "I'll do it later" turned into "I'll make it up later in the week". Then a little voice in my head said "You will be so mad at yourself if you skip this workout". Ok so in reality this voice didn't come from my head, but from my #1 supporter and coach, my wife Brittani! I can safely say that without her, I would have skipped this workout, and she was right...I would have been pissed at myself. Once again, she saved the day, and kept me focused on the ultimate goal!

Once the workout began, I completely forgot that I didn't want to start, and focused on giving my absolute best during the whole hour of Plyo X. It kicked my butt, more so than previous weeks. I don't know if it was the sleeping in, but I seemed to be moving slower than normal. I pushed through the brick wall of doubt in my own mind, and finished up strong. I need to just stick with my normal routine, because no matter how tired I am in the morning, I always feel so good after the workout. I am such a creature of habit, and this is really the best thing for me. If anyone is up at 5:45 in the morning...just know that I'm right there with you, sweating my butt off, and melting the pounds away!

On a different note, I had a really good day with my nutrition. Breakfast was a bowl of frosted mini wheats with some sliced strawberries. My morning snack was a nutrigrain bar (didn't feel like making something). Lunch was awesome. I made great salad of some grilled chicken, sliced peaches and grapes, and some crispy onion strings with fat free ranch dressing. It was absolutely delicious. Followed that up with a yogurt and mixed nuts for my afternoon snack. We ate dinner out...but it was actually really a better choice then we probably could have made at home. We ate at "FlameBroiler", a newish asian place in murrieta. I had a bowl with half chicken, half steak, brown rice, and some steamed veggies. It was awesome, low fat, and just about the perfect amount of calories that I'm supposed to have. Looking forward to another fantastic day tomorrow! KEEP PUSHING PLAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment