The Family Man

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Push Up or Shut Up

Man-O-Man...what a day today was! It was so nice to sleep in a little bit this morning before we woke up and got going with our day. Slept in until about 8:30, which is a full 2.5 hours later then I normally get to. I decided I had earned the morning off, since I have been working my butt off for the last 2 weeks at 6 am to drop this weight. Yesterday was my day off, so I stretched a little and played some golf. Had a great day, and only drank 2 beers out on the course, which is a huge improvement from years past. I did work hard today, just a little later then normal.

Today was the beginning of week 3, which is the last week in phase 1 of P90X before the recovery week. I am really going to BRING IT this week, so I feel like I've really earned the recovery time. So today was Chest/Back, third time doing this workout, and by far the hardest workout so far. Each week, my one goal when I begin a workout is to improve over the previous week's results. I know that if I can continue to improve, that the pounds will fall off and I'll be in the shape I want in no time. I really pushed myself to my limit today, to the point where i collapsed a few times during my pushup sets and just wanted to lay there on the floor. I had Brittani recording my workouts for me, so she provided a little extra encouragement for me when I wanted to give in. Want to know the final results? Well in my C/B workout last week I did a total of 74 pushups (4-5 variations). Today, with the help of my beautiful wife cheering me on, I cranked out an amazing 97 PUSHUPS! This is one of those moments when I feel extremely proud of myself. I was totally exhausted after working out this afternoon, but this made it totally worth it! Exactly what I need to keep my head in the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment