The Family Man

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yoga...more like NO-ga

I don't like Yoga. Talk about a humbling experience. I'm pretty sure that I was totally unable to do about 50% of the yoga poses/moves this morning during the 90 minute P90X yoga workout. I've never been the most flexible guy, but this just made me feel about as flexible as a log. When I reach for my toes...I can only get to my knees. I don't know how people find this "theraputic" or "relaxing". It would be pretty funny to set up a video camera (maybe an idea for a future video blog) so I can see how ridiculous I look while I'm trying to touch my right toe with my left hand while reaching through left leg with my right arm and scratching my head. Ok...so I didn't actually have to do that...but some of these poses came pretty darn close. Yoga totally pushed me beyond my comfort zone, and I like that. Its always fun to try new things. I'm sure I'll get better the more I keep at it, but this starting out stuff is pretty difficult right now. I'm still pretty sore from some of the other workouts I've already done, especially in my chest and triceps. The yoga definately will help relieve some of the soreness as the days go on.

Mindie (my sister in law and beach body coach), and my brother gave me some words of encouragement today regarding my diet. They gave me the nutrition sheets that go along with the P90X workouts, so I'm going to start tracking what I eat and make sure I'm not sabatoging my workouts with garbage food. Hopefully, at my 30 day measurements, I'll have some great results to share with everyone. I'm staying motivated, and everyone is being so encouraging. I appreciate all the tips and kind words everyone is sharing. Thanks again...until next time!

1 comment:

  1. DUDE!!! YOU TOTALLY NEED TO VIDEO BLOG NEXT TIME YOU DO YOGA!! Then, you can see how much you've improved when you are on day 30, day 60 and day 90. I have the nutrition book to give to you tonight too! See you at the FIT CLUB!!

    ReplyDelete