The Family Man

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Plyo X-cellent!

Now that week 2 of P90X is in full effect, I'm planning on spending more time on imporving my diet. Mindie was nice enough to let me borrow the nutrition guide that goes along with the workout program, so I've gone through that and identified a few key places where I can make further improvements to my diet. My goal of course will be to lose as much fat as possible, so I'm really trying to cut down on condiments and sugar (other than my fruits of course). The P90X diet guide calls for a man my size to be consuming around 4,000 calories a day, and still be able to lose weight. I'll be honest and say that I am finding it difficult to put that much "good food" in my body each day. I don't want to keep eating, just to get to 4k calories, especially since portion control is the #1 reason why I'm in this mess to begin with. So the 4,000 calorie diet may not be for me. Instead, I'm simply going to focus on eating as clean as I possibly can, and eating as much a normal person would. I know my calorie needs will be higher because of the intensity of my workouts, so having good healthy snacks is going to be instrumental to my success. If anyone has any healthy, fulfilling, delicous snack ideas/recipes you would like to share...PLEASE DO!



With all that being said, another great workout in the books today. I did my Plyo X this afternoon while Olivia took her nap. This workout in particular takes the intensity to a whole other level...AND I LOVE IT! It most reminds me of being a football player again. It was football that initially made me really love working out to begin with, so anything that can make me feel like a player again is a huge help. I had an audience for part of my workout...Brittani was sitting here watching bits and pieces. At one point she said "I am getting tired just listening to the way you are breathing". It was an awesome workout, and I must be doing something right. Just take a look at these pictures!!!
















2 comments:

  1. Great job bud!!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! Zeus, when you gonna join us for the FIT club? Colin is going to start P90x over the summer again at LHS if you are interested in joining us.

    Mindie Gilliland
    mindieg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete