The Family Man

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 2 begins

This morning marked the beginning of week 2 of my life changing workout habits! I had a great first week, not just because I had great results, but I really am loving the workouts and I look forward to waking up each morning to do them. So excited to get started with my second week, that I woke up at 7:30 am on a saturday morning to get moving. Chest and Back: Part Deux was a big succes in my book. I did a total of 66 REAL pushups. Now that may not seem like much for some people, but for me that was a big improvement. Last week, in my very first P90X chest and back workout, I wasn't even able to do 20 total. Last week, I had to drop down to my knees after the first set of regular pushups. This morning, I not only did the first set, but followed them with Military pushups, wide pushups, and decline pushups. The only thing I had to compromise on was the Diamond pushups...I have a feeling its going to be a few more weeks before I am able to do those. For the back portion of the workout, I increased the resistance of my bands for the pullup exercises, and was able to do more reps for the rowing exercises. I also found that in just one week, my cardiovascular endurance is better. I didn't find myself breathing like a fat guy this time, I had much more control and wasn't gasping or getting lightheaded. Plyo X tomorrow should be a good test for just how much I've been able to improve my cardio endurance.

Off to the park today with the family! I'm leaning towards a video blog once or twice a month, just to mix it up a little. Bye for now!



My little sweetie giving me kisses for a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment