The Family Man

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P90X ruined my golf swing

Yeah thats right, I said RUINED! You see, I'm much more flexible now than I was just 2 weeks ago, which means the timing on my swing is completely different. Now, I have to completely re-learn how to swing a golf club. Don't get me wrong, I love the increased flexibility from all the stretching and dare I say...yoga. I'm not complaining though, I feel so great after only 11 days of working out that I can deal with a few errant golf shots.

I never thought I would say this, but I really look forward to 5:50 am, when I crawl out of bed and make my way downstairs to work out. I have a huge sense of accomplishment knowing that I have sweat my butt off before many people are even awake. The last 2 days have been great! Yesterday I really pushed myself and had a great Arms and Shoulders workout in the morning. I followed it up by making a big pot of minestrone soup for dinner. The soup was amazing, and there's so much left over that I'll be eating it for lunch over the next few days. This morning...another crack at yoga. I must say, as much as I wanted to hate it and get frustrated and quit, I really did improve in just 1 week. There are still many postures and poses that I can't do yet, but I'm getting there. I know that if I just keep at it, I'll soon be able to conquer Yoga X!

1 comment:

  1. That's right bro! You get that Yoga!! I love reading the blogs each day! Keep inspiring us! STUD!!!! See ya tomorrow night for FIT club!

    ReplyDelete