The Family Man

Friday, May 27, 2011

Double Workout Thursday!

Thursdays are usually real tough days for me! First thing in the morning was Kenpo, 1 full hour of punching, kicking, blocking, and sweating. Its my favorite P90X workout by far. Yesterday was kinda rough. I woke up in the morning and felt a little twinge in my knee as I was getting ready for my workout. I decided to push through, and I figured it would go away as I started to warm up and stretch my body before the workout. It did! About halfway through the workout though, I slipped (on some sweat on the wooden floor) and in trying to catch myself, I tweaked the knee again. Not enough to really stop me, but enough to be annoying for the rest of the day. It feels better now, just one of those things that happen when you get your body moving after years of sedentary lifestyle.

Last night was a bit of a change of pace from the normal fit club workout. The church where we meet up to workout was hosting a graduation last night, so we had to work outside. It was fun, but man was it windy and cold!!! Started off by "power walking" in a huge loop, that by my guess was about 1.5 miles, though I could be way off since I have no experience power walking. It was a little frustrating, because although I was moving as fast as I could go, I started falling behind the rest of the group within the first 5 minutes. Thankfully Mindie stayed behind and walked with me, or I probably would have really slowed down and gotten discouraged. The group kept pulling away in front of us, and no matter how I tried, I just couldn't keep up. By the time we finished, they were out of sight and someone had to come back and show us where the rest of the group went. We finished up the workout with some squats, a whole bunch of stairs, and waaaaaaaaaay more lunges than anyone should do at one time. Needless to say, after Kenpo in the morning, and this workout in the afternoon, my legs were dead. Made for a good night sleep though!!!

I wanted to extend my thanks to everyone who reads and comments to me throughout the day. It means a lot and helps keep me going!

1 comment: