The Family Man

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 5 & 6

Day 5

This was a tough one. Started off yesterday morning with a great legs and back workout. I say great, but what I really mean is TERRIBLE! I was a trainer for 5 years, and I can say that outside of 10x10 sets of volume squats, nothing else comes close to this leg workout. The back exercises were a welcome "break", if you want to call it that. Lots of different kinds of lunges, squats, and the devil's favorite exercise...WALL SITS! I was toast afterwards...barely made it upstairs. The worst part, Tony Horton (the guy leading the P90X workouts) is laughing and smiling the whole time.

Day 6

Woke up this morning and felt like someone had been punching me in the butt for 8 straight hours. I consider my legs one of my strongest body parts, and my actual legs aren't sore, just tired. This morning's workout was Kenpo X. Kenpo is kickboxing, and its high tempo and a lot of fun. I've really been looking forward to this workout since I started P90X. I think next time, I'm going to count the total number of punches, kicks, and blocks done. It has to be close to 500 of each, if not more. I almost fell on my butt twice during the workout, not because I lost my balance or anything, but for another reason. Let me give one piece of advice to anyone who is planning on doing P90X anytime in the future...DON'T DO KENPO X ON A RUG SITTING ON A WOODEN FLOOR. Each time I kicked, or punched, or leaned to the side, or blocked, the whole rug would slide along the floor. Eventually I moved the run and didn't have anymore near accidents. That would have been embarassing...yelling up at Brittani while she and Olivia are fast asleep because I fell on my butt. Maybe I need to get a "Life Alert" bracelet to wear while I workout instead of a heart monitor! Finished off the night with another great, fun workout with the Sunridge Fit Club. Much smaller group this time, but its so great being active and working hard with a whole group of people who are so positive and motivating.

And finally...the moment of truth. Last week, first thing thursday morning, I woke up and weighed myself. I weighed in at 303 lbs. This morning, I did my first weekly weigh in, and I was a little nervous. I didnt make the right choice a few times during the past week, but i hoped that the changes I had started to make would pay off with some quick results. In my mind, I pictured a number around 298. I was totally shocked when I stepped on the scale and it said 293! I LOST 10 LBS IN ONE WEEK!! Talk about instant gratification! I know I have such a long way to go, but this motivates me even more to keep working hard. Thanks for all your love and support. I'm well on my way to hitting my first goal of 30 lbs in 30 days!

1 comment:

  1. That's so great. Very proud and I'm sure you are too. Keep it up your doing great.

    ReplyDelete