The Family Man

Friday, June 3, 2011

Its a Bumpy Road

Rough couple of days. Once again I have had trouble sticking with a routine that was working so well for me in the beginning. The culprit this time...staying up too late. The problem is that once Olivia goes to bed at around 8 every night, Brittani and I usually have dishes to do, showers to take, and a house to clean up after "Hurricane Olivia" runs wild through the house all day. By the time we finish our "chores", we like to sit and relax and enjoy our time together. Unfortunately that usually means we head off to bed around 10:30-11:00 pm. It makes it pretty challenging to wake up at 5:50 am in order to get my workout in before work. Here is how the rest of my week went:

Wednesday I managed to wake up early and do my legs and back workout. This is becoming my favorite workout of the strength training days. I like it because I'm VERY good at it!! My whole body is screaming at me to stop, but I always get through it, and hobble up the stairs and stumble into the shower to start my day. Its brutal and grueling, but I love it.

Thursday was a different story =(. I actually got out of bed at 5:45, went to do my weigh in (2 more pounds down), and stood at the door arguing with myself about working out, or going back to bed. In one of my weaker points...I caved, and climbed back in bed under the warm covers for another hour. I thought all day about how I was going to make up my Kenpo workout, but I just couldn't find the time to get it done. On top of that, I missed the fit club workout to do some grocery shopping and family time. So yesterday I worked out ZERO times...I'm still kicking myself for that.

Today I woke up with a new attitude and a new determination. I got up nice and early (on what was supposed to be my rest day) and jumped, kicked, and punched my way through Kenpo X. I really pushed this morning, really wanted to make up for the fact that I had been letting my head get in the way of my progress. I feel good, and now that I'm starting the second phase of P90x tomorrow, I feel totally ready. My plan of attack...get to bed earlier, even if it means skipping my favorite TV show or cutting back on my XBOX time. I can't expect my body, or my mind to hold up over the long haul if I don't get the rest I need.

Special side note: I made one of my favorite meals last night and managed to cut out a bunch of the fat and calories by making a fuew substitutions. We had a nice big pot of chili, made with ground turkey instead of beef, vegetable juice instead of tomato soup (loads of sodium) and loads of veggies and beans. I had to add in a packet of chili seasoning, which added a bit of sodium back in, but I couldn't afford to buy the cayenne, cumin, and chili powder that the recipe called for. Never-the-less, it was great, filled me up, and best of all: TONS LEFT OVER FOR LUNCH NEXT WEEK! Keep reading people...I love hearing what you have to say about my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement... Your blog has really been encouraging me to meet my goals, and push myself beyond what I feel I can achieve in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you stopped beating yourself up and moved on. New day...keep up the good work! Your results are starting to show don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete