The Family Man

Sunday, June 12, 2011

30 Day Results

My first 30 days officially came to an end today. P90X phase 1 is complete, measurements are in, new pictures will be taken tomorrow. Overall, I'm feeling a mixed bag of emotions regarding how they turned out. I'm obviously extremely happy that I have made some progress and have gotten off to a good start with what is going to be a total lifestlye change. When I look back at where I was 30 days ago, I have really come a long way. Every single part of my health is improved. I am more flexible, which means I don't wake up in the morning with aches and pains in my back and hips and feet. I'm smaller, so my clothes are fitting better and my confidence is up. My diet is so much better, so I don't get heart burn or feel like I am so tired that I just want to lay around all day. Its just a great feeling knowing that I'm off to a great start!

The other side of things is...I feel like I could have done better. I feel like I should have lost more weight than I have. I'm not totally disappointed, but I would have liked to see a lower number on the scale. Its hard to imagine that I didn't lose more, because I feel so much different, but I expected for it to come off a little faster. In all honestly though, I am so motivated for these next 30 days...I know I'm going to kill it!

So here are the numbers...the important ones anyways:

Starting Weight- 304.8
Current Weight- 292.2
Total Weight lost- 12.6 lbs.

Starting Belly Measurement- 50.5"
Current Belly Measurement- 47"
inches lost- 3.5"

Starting Chest Measurement- 52"
Current Chest Measurement- 51"
inches lost- 1

Starting Hip (butt) measurement- 49.5"
Current Hip measurement- 48"
inches lost- 1.5

Total inches lost- 6

Not bad Huh??? Thanks again to everyone for your love and support. Just knowing that people are reading my blog and providing small words of encouragement makes me keep pushing harder. I need every bit of it as I continue to improve my health and my life for the better. Tomorrow is our 2 year wedding anniversary, so I am taking extra pride in reporting that I am about 8 lbs lighter than I was on our wedding day! I love you Brittani...here's to 50+ more years with the greatest wife ever!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! Great job!! I am so proud of you! You may not be losing weight as fast as you hoped, but you look alot thinner and your clothes are fitting so much better! And you dropped a hole in your belt! Happy Anniversary, I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you!! I am not sure what you are disappointed about though. You lost 12+ pounds in ONE MONTH. More importantly you weren't on some weird diet that causes you to drop weight fast or something extreme where you are hungry and miserable constantly. You are doing a great job...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job coach 12 pounds is a good amount of wieght to lose doing it the right way...well good luck on the next month hit me up if you wanna workout

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much agree with everything Leslie said. Your lifestyle has changed. Twelve pounds is awesome. Like Tony and others have said,"Rome wasn't built in a day." Stay committed you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete