The Family Man

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stretched to the Max

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...

That's not me screaming. That's a nice relaxing sigh after a much needed, restful day. Stretch X this morning was just what the doctor ordered! This was my first time doing this 60 minute stretching routine, and I don't think I will be missing it again. It was so great waking up this morning, walking downstairs with no shoes on, and stretching every single muscle in my body until I felt like Gumbi. In all the years I have worked out before now, I have never been big on flexibility. I always used to tell my clients "stretch after you workout", but I never really did it myself. I was a weight lifter...and those guys don't typically stretch. Man was I wrong!! Feels good to try something new and not be totally frustrated with the results. Stretch X may become one of my favorite days of the week =)

Not much else to report on the diet front. I cheated a bit on Sunday, but got right back on track monday and tuesday. I know 1 days is not going to killy my progress, but I felt guilty immediately after I downed a bratwurst at the baseball BBQ. I turned right to Brittani and said "i shouldn't have done that". Miraculously enough, I have managed to stay below my calorie count each and every day since I started my P90X adventure. I feel like this week has been my best week so far. My clothes are definately starting to fit a little looser, and my belly doesn't stick out quite so much...even after dinner when I'm typically pretty full! It feels good knowing I can cut out the junk food, and not crave it or feel like I'm missing out on too much. Plus, we're saving money cus I'm not sneaking in "McDoubles" or getting starbucks 3 times a week.

Big weigh in on Thursday to see if my hard work is paying off. I'm hoping I lost at least 3 lbs this week, but more importantly I'm really hoping that when I go birthday shopping in a week or 2...I can shop at a few more stores. I'm sick of the "Big and Tall" section at JC Penney!

No comments:

Post a Comment