The Family Man

Monday, June 20, 2011

Double Down

Happy Belated Father's Day to all the dads out there. Nothing we do in life is more important, or provides as much happiness as being a father and raising a family. I'm so lucky to have a beautiful daughter who makes me laugh and smile every single day. And I can't wait to meet my son Owen in less than a month! I can't believe he's almost here!! I want him to meet his skinny daddy and be so proud of me when he grows up!

Its been a few days since my last update, so instead of giving you a complete re-cap of the last 5 days, I'll just highlight the important parts.

- Friday was my birthday, so I gave myself a free pass as far as my diet is concerned. I woke up in the morning and did some light stretching while I watched a few minutes of SPORTSCENTER before I headed off to work. I ate out twice, but I deserved to indulge a little bit. At dinner, I could have done way worse than I actually did. I did have 2 beers, but stopped there...and I did have some appetizers and pizza...but nothing close to how much I would have eaten if I were still in my old ways. In some ways, I'm proud of myself for having the self control to know when to stop. It was great to be able to enjoy a night out with my friends, and not be up all night with heartburn or gas...or worse.

- I have a confession...I skipped my P90X workout on Saturday. Don't worry, I didn't just lay around the house eating donuts and ice cream. I was up bright and early to go play racquetball with a former player of mine, Jimmy Vargas. Turns out, Jimmy has been reading the blog and invited me to get my ass kicked on the court. I haven't played racquetball in about 3 years, but it was fun catching up and playing none-the-less. Racquetball is great cardio, even if we did spend a lot of time talking and reminiscing about days past. We also had a chance to get a quick Chest/Shoulders/Triceps routine in after we played...so I still got all the muscles worked that I needed to. Thanks for the invite Jimmy...looking forward to next week!

- Father's day was awesome. It was a great day from start to finish. I decided that rather than sit around all day and do nothing, I would be productive...like a father should. Brittani and I used the time we had while Olivia napped to wash the car, do some laundry, and clean up the kitchen. I completely skipped my Plyometrics workout, but plan on making it up tonight after Olivia goes to bed. A great BBQ with family (combined with birthday celebrations for my sister and I) ended the day on a high note!

- Today I start doubling my workouts. My plan is to do an extra Cardio X workout for the next 23 days unitl I reach day 60. I'm hoping my body can keep up, and I can stay disciplined enough to stick with it. I think i can make some really great progress if I really push myself for these next few weeks. Keep on reading everyone...It makes me want to push harder to make all of you proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment