The Family Man

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Alligator Arms and Un-Hitched Wheels

Phase 2 of P90X is in full effect. Its really fun doing these new workouts, and learning the crazy new exercises. There are two new strength training workouts that have been a lot of fun. Each one focuses on all muscles associated with pushes (chest/shoulders/triceps) and pulls (back/biceps). My arms are still sore from monday's back/biceps. One of the people on the Beachbody website referred to this feeling as "Shampoo X", because its very difficult to shampoo your hair if you don't have full use of your arms. I prefer the term "alligator arms", referring of course to the stumpy little arms that alligators walk around on. Of course its not all fun and games...still have yoga, plyos, and kenpo to go along with the new DVDs. Yoga...ugh. How I have begun to loathe yoga. Its so boring, and so long. I have trouble staying focused for the full 98 MINUTES. Most of the time, I feel great after doing it, but in the moment...all I can think about is how I can't wait for it to be over.

Ok time for a few updates. This week began with Brittani and I celebrating our second anniversary. This year, we went to brunch at one of our favorite restaurants, El Torito. Of course its not really possible to stay on track while having brunch at a mexican restaurant. I ate some things I shouldn't have...and I regretted it immediately. I felt absolutely terrible for the next two days. I felt lazy, tired, and other feelings...but I will spare you the details. Now with my birthday coming up on friday, I'm worried about going out and having a good time, knowing that I may really regret it the next day. I'm going to do my best to not go completely overboard. I know my birthday only comes once a year, but I can't let one day knock me off course.

Its been really cool going into work and hearing praise from people who don't even know that I have been trying to lose weight. I have learned through experience that if you tell people you are trying to lose weight, they will always do the nice thing and say "oh wow you are looking so great". The fact is...I haven't really talked to people at work about my weight loss journey, but they have definately been noticing. Its also really fun getting comments from so many people who are reading my blog. So many people have told me they love reading, and this has been a great accountability tool for me. I promise you all that I will continue to update you regularly, if you promise to keep holding me accountable!!

Now as a special treat...here is one of my 30 day result pictures!

Before
Weight: 304.8 lbs
Belly Measurement: 50.5 in



















30 Days
Weight: 292.2 lbs
Belly Measurement: 47 in



1 comment: