The Family Man

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Low Carb is NOT for me

There isn't a whole lot to report on this week for my workouts. Its been a combination of Yoga and Stretching these last few days, which has left my body totally relaxed and ready to get started on phase 2 of P90X. I'm rested and ready to go. Tonight's FIT club workout was awesome! Rev Abs with Brett from the Biggest Loser is a great way to finish the day!

I've really been experimenting with different things in my diet. As days have gone by, I have realized that a "low carb" diet is NOT for me. There are just too many things that I love, that I'm simply not willing to give up. I'm not going to stop eating cereal for breakfast, and I'm not going to stop eating fruit for snacks. Those are things that I can control the amount that I eat, and especially with the cereal, I can choose better options than Cocoa Pebbles. I know, that for myself to be successful in this lifestyle change, moderation is going to be key. I've started journaling my food this week, and its helped me really keep an eye on what I've been putting into my body. Its cool being able to track my calories each day, and compare with the week as a whole. I've been able to stay right around 2,200 calories a day, and that keeps me totally satisfied. I snack when I need to, I don't gorge at meals, and I am making sure to drink plenty of water. I've also been getting to sleep before 10:00 each night this week, which has made waking up at 5:45 am a whole lot easier.

I only lost 1 lb this week, but again, I know its the big picture that matters. I'm losing inches, and we'll know just how much progress I've made on Sunday because that marks the end o fmy first 30 days. Look for the measurement results in my next blog entry on Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment