The Family Man

Friday, June 24, 2011

It Came And It Went

Week 6 is done! I'm almost half way done with P90X! Today, I finished up Day 42 (X Stretch) of the 90 day program that is helping me to return to a normal, healthy lifestyle. I'm still rocking my workouts each morning...or at least most mornings. The schedule was a little off this week, but I managed to get in 5 workouts total in the last 6 days, thanks to a couple of days with double workouts. It was a little harder recovering from all the celebrating we did last week, but I think I'm finally back on track. This was not a bad week, but my workouts were at different times than normal, and I had 2 days where I did absolutely no workouts =(.

Tuesday- I was supposed to do Yoga tuesday morning, but it didn't happen for me. I still can't get myself very motivated to do this workout. I really don't like it, and its hard for me to get up at 5:00 am to do the 98 minutes of boring yoga. I wish it was different...and I hope my attitude will change over the next week before I have to try again next tuesday. I got a new yoga mat and yoga blocks from my mom for my birthday, so I better get my butt in gear and acutally use them! I did get a cardio X workout done on tuesday, so it wasn't a total waste. Olivia joined in on this workout! She wanted to be close to Daddy...even if I was dripping sweat on her poor little head. Let me just say that its not easy to hold "downward dog" with your 18 month old crawling under your body!

Downward Dog and Runners Pose

And the aftermath of Cardio X!!










Wednesday- This was a totally wasted day for me. Tried to go and play racquetball in the morning but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. It totally threw me off for the whole day. I had a bad attitude until I went to bed, and didn't really get motivated to do anything all day. Wednesday was a bad day...glad it came and went pretty fast.

Thursday is my favorite day of the week. It started off with a great Legs/Back workout, and finished up with FIT CLUB in Temecula. I look forward to FIT CLUB each week. I love being around all the positive energy in that place, and its so encouraging to see new people coming every week! It really helps remind me of how far I have come in the short amount of time that I have been active again.

Today was a rest day, but I just finished up my X stretch routine and I'm totally rested and relaxed and ready to push through the weekend with no distractions and no excuses. Each time the weekend comes, I usually find a way to get off track and break my routine...but not this week. I'll be up at 7 am, working on Chest/Shoulder/Triceps with my brand new resistance bands (also a gift from my mom). Now that I have all this shiny new equipment, I feel like I can really challenge myself and get the most out of the workouts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment