The Family Man

Monday, June 6, 2011

Frustration Abounding

This week begins my recovery week for P90X. Its supposed to let all my muscles recover from the strength training workouts I've been doing for the last 3 weeks. That's all well and good, but I don't know who decided to put 2 Yoga X workouts in the RECOVERY week. Yoga is the toughest workout I've done so far (until Core Synergistics). I have a feeling that I'm going to be much more flexible by the end of this week, but I have a hard time believing I will feel "rested and recovered". Wondering how my last few days have gone? Here are the updates from Sunday and Monday.

Day 23- Core Synergistics

This was by far, the most frustrating workout since I started P90X. Core Syn is a mixture of strength training, and pilates type exercises, focusing on the muscles from your lower chest to your upper thighs. It uses multi joint movements, and burns a ton of calories. The problem I have is that the muscles in my abs, lower back, and obliques are still so weak. Many of the exercises were so hard that I couldn't hold them for as long as I needed to, and some of them I couldn't do at all. I kept falling out of the positions that needed to be held. I got so frustrated that I turned off the DVD about 12 minutes early, and didn't complete the bonus round. I was really down and upset with myself for being such a pansy, but I know I can do better next time. This was a really difficult workout, and next time I will finish the bonus round!!

Day 24- Kenpo X

My favorite workout again this morning! Kenpo is always awesome, and I'm always soaked with sweat by the time I finish. This morning was a little different...I drank a little too much water on one of the breaks and barfed a little while I was in full Kenpo mode. Lucky for me, I made it to the sink in time. It wasn't fun working out with that taste in my mouth for the last 20 minutes either. Its cool though...Its not like i've never thrown up before from working out!

Looking forward to trying Stretch X tomorrow for the first time. I'm pretty sore from Core Syn and could use a good hour of stretching!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making it to the sink! lol. Keep it up, measurement time is soon and I can tell you have gotten smaller!! And you will never find the scale.... I hid it good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Stretch X Sunday after my run. It is good. Real good. Keep pushing play!

    ReplyDelete