The Family Man

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

60 Days and Counting

Benchmark#2 down. P90X day 60 was today! That means I am just 30 days shy of finishing the program, but still a long way away from where I hope to be someday. My 60 day measurements saw a big milestone for me...but also a little disapointment. Of course I'm referring to the fact that I hit the major 20 POUNDS lost milestone, but I also know that if I had not slacked off for 2 weeks it could have been closer to 30. I also lost 7 total inches, including 2 more from around my belly. I'm getting smaller, but seeing my body starting to return to some type of respectable form is not without its drawbacks. Let me explain to you what I mean.

In our house, we have a spot on our wall with some of our favorite pictures from our wedding day. Brittani looked so beautiful, and it was such a great day. One major problem...I WAS A BIG FAT ASS! Here's the problem I have...in those pictures, I'll always be 304 lbs. My face is so fat that I couldn't even keep my eyes open when I smiled. It made me sad to think that someday my kids will want to see the pictures of our wedding day, and will see how fat and unhealthy their daddy was. I wish I could go back in time and take all those pictures over again after I lose all the weight I want.

Enough reflection, time to look forward. I'm approaching the next 30 days with one major goal in mind. I want to hit 30 lbs lost by day 90. My one concern is that with a new baby coming any day, Its going to be a real challenge to make time for my workouts each day. Its going to be tough, but I know that Brittani is behind me, and she knows how important this is to me. She has assured me that I will still have time...if I can stand to put my baby boy down for long enough!

Check out my day 60 results below. Still a long way to go but I like the progress I am seeing!!!


Day 1

Day 60

2 comments:

  1. So amazing.. great job. Keep up the great work. now if only i can find the willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good Gilliland!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete