The Family Man

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting PUMPED in 2012

Happy New Year everyone! I'm really excited about what 2012 has in store. I'm looking forward to continuing my weight loss, with the hopes of surpassing my 2011 numbers by June. Here's a quick re-cap on how I ended 2011 and what I have planned for 2012.

In late November, I took the first step in really trying to help other people get healthy and became a Team Beachbody coach. What this means is that I now have the tools to share my story with a larger number of people all across the world. The number one thing that Beachbody asks of its coaches is "be a product of the product", which I have been striving to be since May 2011. Through the end of the year, I was able to try out some of the other beachbody programs and supplements, which I hope to be able to educate people about in the future. If you want to learn more about Beachbody and any of their products, shoot me an email or check out my coach page at

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/coachg57

As far as weight loss goes, I made some really great progress before the holidays came around. I was able to lose the weight that I had gained back since Owen was born in July, and surpassed that number by the time Thanksgiving rolled around. Despite the setbacks and challenges that came along the way, I was able to lose 32 lbs in 2011 (really started in May 2011). I just hit that 32 lbs mark this monday when I got on the scale after the holidays. It was a great way to being 2012 for me, and I hope it helps create a snowball effect for the rest of the year.

On January 2nd, I started a brand new workout program. After using P90X for the last half of the year, I was ready for something new. I loved the P90X workouts, but 6 months of any training program will lead to a little bit of boredom...no matter how good the training or how much you like the trainer. Beachbody recently added a new program to their arsenal of life-changing programs "Les Mills PUMP". PUMP is based on the group exercise class "body pump", that is taught in gyms all around the world. Its a barbell based training program that really puts emphasis on high reps, with multiple tempos to get a great total body burn. Day 1 was monday, and despite working with relatively light weight, my legs and shoulders really got a great workout. The slow tempo squats and lunges were really tough for me. I'm used to working in just one speed, but PUMP forces you to do several slow reps (4 seconds down, 4 seconds up). These reps had my legs screaming at me after just 2 of them. Since PUMP is only 3 days a week, I will be adding in some extra cardio sessions for 3 other days, keeping me on a 6 day workout schedule.


I'm excited to say that I have started out 2012 with great momentum and I look to really improve not just my weight, but my overall fitness. Maybe a 5 or 10k in my future? Maybe some type of mud run or dare i say...a triathalon? Who knows...all I can say is watch out 2012...I'm coming to getcha!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blogs again. So glad you are keeping with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring- Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete