The Family Man

Sunday, January 22, 2012

No more excuses

Its been a while since my last post, but I have a few exciting things to report on in the last few weeks. After 3 weeks of Les Mills Pump, I have lost 8 lbs and am now below 270 lbs for the first time in the last 5 years. The workouts are getting more intense, which is fantastic for me. In the beginning, I was getting a little discouraged becasue I felt like I should have been doing more than the 20 minutes of workout each day, but now I know you can get a fantastic workout in just a short amount of time. Now the workouts are up to 30 minutes, and in the next week they jump to 45 minutes. Since the program includes so many reps for each muscle group, I have needed the time to build up my endurance before I progress to the next level. I also feel my core getting stronger from the "Hardcore Abs" DVD and the extra ab work at the end of "Pump and Burn".

Along with feeling great, my body is changing for the better. I am obviously losing weight, but in a little different way than P90X was helping me lose weight. While doing P90X, I gained a lot of muscle in my arms and chest. That is great for most guys, but I'm still trying to lose the size I have built up over years of heavy lifting. I don't really need the extra muscle, not yet anyways. So PUMP has helped me slim down without adding the big amounts of muscle. I feel strong, really strong in fact, and my shirts are fitting a little more loose. I anticipate that by the end of February I should be wearing XL t-shirts, after being stuck in 2X and 3X for many years.

Last night while getting ready for a date with my hot wife Brittani, I pulled out some old jeans just to see how far I was from fitting into them. Put in one leg no problem, then the other..no problem. Pulled them on and much to my surprise, they buttoned without me even having to suck in my belly! That is a size 38 people...down from a 44 back in May. Big moment for me, I mean really big! I used to be so limited in where I could shop for clothes because nobody really carries size 44 jeans or shorts, except for the Big and Tall section at JC Penney. Now, I can comfortably shop anywhere, and plan on taking full advantage of this fact when spring rolls around and I'm ready to get a whole new wardrobe. Eyes are set on a 34 inch waist, Large t-shirts, and under 250 lbs my May!

2012 is bringing a lot of really good things for me so far! It promises to be a great year after the start I have gotten off to. If you are ready to get started in re-shaping your body and changing your life, take a look at this short video from Beachbody and consider joining my Beachbody Challenge Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment