The Family Man

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4: Go with the FLOW

Now the ball is really getting rolling on this new program. I was excited to try a new workout today, after completing the same "Challenge" workout on days 1 and 3. Challenge is the first workout, and its really geared towards teaching the moves that you are going to using throughout Les Mills PUMP. Its a nice mix of tempo squats (can anyone say "ouch"), some chest, shoulder, and arm work, and all finished off with some lunges. The workout is short, but still gets my heart pumping and my muscles burning. A great intro to what is to come.

After doing some treadmill interval training this morning, I was happy to see FLOW on the schedule for tonight. It was a 20 minute recovery workout, that combined yoga and stretching to relax your muscles. It felt really good to stretch out, as my legs were still barking at be from earlier in the week.

Nutrition left some room for improvement today. Still a little too much snacking going on, but not all that bad. Still came in under calorie goal for the day and still miles away from my old eating habits. If there's one thing I have learned about food in the last 6 months, it is that I don't need all that bad stuff I was eating before. I don't know when the last time I stopped somewhere and snuck a cheeseburger (or 3). I drive past those very same places that helped make me 304 lbs without even a second thought. These days, I have much more control when it comes to my diet. Feels good to be in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment