The Family Man

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Good Pizza Slap To The Face

Man that last blog was really a downer! I'm done being that guy who sits and feels sorry for himself. I know I can do this, and I have 33 days left to prove to myself and everyone else that I have what it takes to finish what I have started.

As I think about what to write in this blog, I have decided that its important to go back and reflect on what has happened that last few weeks. Its been tough, and it really sucks having to own up to my lack of focus. I got distracted, but I'm not finished. A few days back, when I was having a particularly bad day, Brittani gave me a great piece of advice, that took a while to sink in. "Stop being sad about it and just fix it" she said (actually texted). Pretty simple piece of advice, but its really what I need to do. Whats done is done, can't fix it, can't change it, but I can make sure it never happens again! That's why tomorrow, the beginning of my final phase of round 1 of P90X, is going to mark my complete re-dedication to all aspects of the program. The diet is going to be cleaned up, I'm back on track with workouts, and I'm ready to finish this thing out strong.

What can you do to help? First off...if you see me with a cookie or a cheeseburger in my hand, I want you take it, slap me across the face with it, and then throw it away. I don't need that garbage in my body anymore. On second though, I don't want pizza grease and cookie crumbs on my face or in my hair, so you can skip the face slapping. The point is, I do need help with this. While I understand that each decision is my own to make, I can always use input and guidance from my friends and family. Thanks everyone for your words these last few days. Its great to know that I have inspired a few people, and that everyone is behind me and cheering for me! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment