The Family Man

Monday, July 11, 2011

Splash Zone!!!

You know the splash zone at Sea World? The first several rows where they give you the disclaimer "you will get wet". Well the splash zone at our house is about a 6 ft radius where the sweat flies during my workouts. I was going to work out tonight with no shirt on, but thought better of it when I considered my poor wife sitting on the couch, and the fact that she was well within the splash zone. Shirt or no shirt, I had a great workout tonight.

I had a great weekend of relaxing and pool time! Starting friday, we hit the pool for 3 days in a row. Olivia loves it, and since I'm losing weight, I fit in my boardshorts from a few years ago. I love that I saved a whole bunch of my clothes from years ago, with the plan that someday I would fit back into them. Well that day is today! I also have a whole bunch of golf shirts, t shirts, and dress shirts that I am hoping to fit into in a few more weeks. I can't wait until I can wear all these new clothes to work, and really show off the hard work that I've been doing.

I've been doing much better these last few days with my nutrition and with my motivation. I decided that I don't really need to make every single decision about losing weight. I was putting so much pressure on myself before, but now my attitude is a little different. I know I'm not going to lose the 80 lbs I want to lose in 90 days. I probably won't even lose that in 180 days. But 10-12 months down the road, I know I can be at my goal weight and living a happy and healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment